Habitat Young Professionals are grassroots volunteers who work within a local chapter to create change in their communities. Habitat Young Professionals aim to inspire, mobilize and connect young professionals to Habitat’s mission of creating a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Through the diverse demographic of young professionals and their talents, chapters create unity in sharing the vision of Habitat nationally and globally.
Join our Facebook Group.
- Directly serve with partners and Habitat for Humanity Detroit and Habitat for Humanity International to help accomplish Habitat’s mission.
- Educate chapter members, the local community and members’ networks about the work and mission of Habitat Detroit.
- Advocate on behalf of people in need of decent shelter and for an end to poverty housing.
- Raise funds for the work of Habitat for Humanity Detroit.
- Participate and create space for transformational leadership and professional development.
- Build networking opportunities: Habitat for Humanity International’s Youth Programs will help connect HYP chapters with one another so they can better share ideas and lessons.
- Earn leadership opportunities: Established chapter members can join the HYP council or mentor new chapters, as well as engage with senior HFHI and Habitat for Humanity Detroit staff.
- Build brand recognition: Each chapter gets its own logo and ongoing support from HFHI and Habitat for Humanity Detroit.
- Gain access to scholarships, grants and international travel.
- Gain access to training and resources designed specifically for HYP chapters to help recruit, engage and mobilize members.
For more information about Habitat Young Professionals at Habitat Detroit, just fill out the form below: